I strongly invite you to watch the video VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN, https://youtu.be/bgA8_bcZ4Oc
STEPS TO HELP VICTIMS OF VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
THE VICTIM TELLS US
- Listen to it.
- Support her.
- Give you shelter in case you ask us.
- Never pressure the victim to tell us more details. We must let her tell what she considers and when she considers it.
- If she wants us to go with her to report, go.
- If she doesn't want to, don't go or insist on accompanying her.
THE VICTIM DOES NOT TELL US
In this case I mean, that we are indirectly knowledgeable.
- Never question her.
- Show our support.
- If he asks us for shelter, give it to him without asking.
- Give examples of cases of violence against women, for the victim to give their opinion. Important: do not mention that they are examples of it, but camouflage it of what they are test, for your work or whatever you can think of, that it is as camouflaged as possible.
- Transmit to her that we fully understand that she has not told.
- If after talking to us, she decide to report:
- She wants us to go with her, come on.
- She does not want to, we do not go or insist on going.
It is essential: never shout at the victim, it is totally counterproductive and causes an absolute decrease in their low self-esteem. In addition to a lockdown situation.
Also, show our unconditional support and never pressure her to report facts if she does not want to.
And be clear that most of the time, the victim does not report the first physical or psychological aggression, because they are not aware of being immersed in the cycle of violence against women.
Copyright Abogada Nathalie González y Mediadora, Creadora de Objetivo Cero Víctimas.